This is a series of posts on renewables and technology that look at both the technology and options at the grid and local levels.
- Energy — this post looked at the structure of the market and why the UK had seen 234% increase in the cost of gas when its exposure was so much lower than Europe countries which have only seen modest increases in energy prices.
- Energy and heat pumps — this explores heat pumps and notes that the current generation of technology is not the answer. Some new technologies that are coming to the market in the new year are likely to be transformative
- Renewables and Grid Level Storage — this post looks at grid-level storage for renewables, the issue of curtailment, and some storage options that are being exploited along with just coming to market
- Energy and Storage — this post starts to look at the question of local storage and the technology that is starting to become available. This is further developed in the post about microgrids
- Solar Panels and the Question of Orientation — this explores the options given that we now know there is more than one and this leads on to the question of value of agrivoltaics— the next post
- Solar and Agrivoltaics — this developed the theme of placement with a focus on agriculture noting that the two can be symbiotic in nature. This also touches on the question of water conservation.